Cold Laser Therapy
Our safe, soothing, state-of-the-art Cold Laser Therapy can put an end to your pain fast! Cold Laser Therapy is a non-invasive and effective treatment where light is used to relieve pain, reduce inflammation, and promote healing and soft tissue repair.
This breakthrough therapy converts light into biochemical energy so normal cell function can be restored, resulting in reduced inflammation and fast pain relief. Laser Healing Therapy can be used to treat bulging discs, sciatica, back and knee pain, tennis elbow, and many other areas of pain. The process of laser therapy enables cells to perform optimally by stimulating them with light, initiating bio-chemical reactions that promote healing. Our patients notice fast pain relief and recovery from the deep healing effects of Cold Laser Therapy - often times avoiding invasive surgery and medications.
DO YOU HAVE ANY OF THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS? Aspen Laser Therapy could be your solution to comfort.
Sprains and strains
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Epicondylitis (Tennis Elbow)
Myofascial Trigger Points
Back Pain & Spinal Conditions
Soft Tissue Injuries
1. Anti-Inflammation: Laser therapy has an anti-edemic effect as it causes vasodilation, but also because it activates the lymphatic drainage system (drains swollen areas). As a result, there is a reduction in swelling caused by bruising or inflammation.
2. Anti-Pain (Analgesic): Laser therapy has a high beneficial effect on nerve cells which block pain transmitted by these cells to the brain and which decreases nerve sensitivity. Also, due to less inflammation, there is less edema and less pain.
3. Accelerated Tissue Repair and Cell Growth: Photons of light from lasers penetrate deeply into tissue and accelerate cellular reproduction and growth. The laser light increases the energy available to the cell so that the cell can take on nutrients faster and get rid of waste products.
4. Improved Vascular Activity: Laser light will significantly increase the formation of new capillaries in damaged tissue that speeds up the healing process, closes wounds quickly and reduces scar tissue.
5. Increased Metabolic Activity: Laser therapy creates higher outputs of specific enzymes, greater oxygen and food particle loads for blood cells.
6. Trigger Points and Acupuncture Points: Laser therapy stimulates muscle trigger points and acupuncture points on a non-invasive basis providing musculoskeletal pain relief. 7. Reduced Fibrous Tissue Formation: Laser Therapy reduces the formation of scar tissue following tissue damage from cuts, scratches, burns or surgery.
8. Improved Nerve Function: Slow recovery of nerve functions in damaged tissue can result in numbness and impaired limbs. Laser light will speed up the process of axonal regeneration, nerve cell reconnection, and increase the amplitude of action potentials to optimize muscle action.
9. Immunoregulation: Laser light has a direct effect on immunity status by stimulation of immunoglobulins and lymphocytes. Laser Therapy is absorbed by chromophores (molecule enzymes) that react to laser light. The enzyme flavomono-nucleotide is activated and starts the production of ATP (adenosine-triphosphate), which is the major carrier of cell energy and the energy source for all chemical reactions in the cells.
10. Faster Wound Healing: Laser light stimulates fibroblast development (fibroblasts are the building blocks of collagen, which is predominant in wound healing) in damaged tissue. Collagen is the essential protein required to replace old tissue or to repair tissue injuries.
Laser Therapy has been successfully used to treat a broad range of medical conditions, including musculoskeletal problems, arthritis, sports injuries, post-surgical wounds, diabetic ulcers and dermatological conditions. It is best known for it’s ability to dramatically reduce inflammation, resulting in accelerated healing as well as chronic and acute pain relief. Treatments are fast and effective with long lasting benefits.